For that romantic getaway in 2018
The Bolthole is just the place. An idyllic, one bedroom, detached, characterful eclectic cottage situated on the owners’ smallholding in the village of Tibthorpe, with rare breed sheep and hens just outside the door, you really are in the countryside. The cottage has been renovated by the present owners, with great care and attention to detail, with an emphasis on Yorkshire and British made products where possible. A lot of thought has gone into the environment and the owners have taken the extra steps to respect this. With the underfloor heating and a cosy wood-burning stove, it is a superb place to come back to after a long day cycling, walking, bird watching at Bempton or a day out visiting East and North Yorkshire.
Bolthole Cottage is ideally located to enjoy everything that the area has to offer. The East Yorkshire Wolds have also been chosen to host a Stage of the Tour de Yorkshire in 2018, bring your cycles and recreate the stage yourselves!
Two steps to entrance hall. Large, open-plan living/dining room with wood-burning stove and kitchen area. One step down to double bedroom with 7ft hand-made bed. Shower room with toilet.
A Perfect Location
Being situated in The Wolds, the cottage offers excellent access to countryside walks and cycle routes, with its rolling hills and magnificent unspoiled scenery, which is why the renowned artist David Hockney was inspired to do paintings of the local area. You can follow the Hockney Trail and see the locations of some of his greatest artwork.
The market towns of Driffield, Beverley and Malton are just a short drive away, where the vibrant markets selling local produce are very popular both with the tourists and the locals. The traditional seaside resorts of Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington and Whitby are ideal for day trips. Hull, voted the UK City of Culture 2017, is only twenty miles away, with a vast array of entertainment venues, museums and park. The medieval city of York is only 26 miles away.
In the area, there are plenty of stately homes that are well worth a visit, such as Castle Howard, Sledmere, Burton Agnes Hall and Sewerby Hall. All have a fascinating history and wonderful gardens to walk around. The spectacular Lavender Gardens have won many awards as being the most inspiring gardens to visit in Yorkshire!
The magnificent scenery, beautiful market towns, outstanding country houses and sweeping coastline ensure that many visitors return year after year. Beach 15 miles. Shop and restaurant 1½ miles, pub 4 miles. Highly recommended are visits to Scampston Hall with its impressive gardens and Helmsley, a market town in the North Yorkshire National Park, with lots of local home produce shops and places to eat.
- Wood-burning stove – fuel included
- Electricity, biomass underfloor central heating, bed linen and towels included
- Two 40″ Smart TVs
- DAB radio/iPod dock
- Coffee machine
- Patio with furniture
- Parking (for 2 cars)
- Welcome pack
- Secure cycle store and wash off area.
- Close to golf courses
- Fishing available nearby.
- No Smoking
Super setting, very quiet. A very thoughtful and stylish restoration with very good equipment.
Welcome box was yummy.
- We came away on our ‘babymoon’ – a final chance to relax and enjoy some time as a couple before our little one arrives in 10 weeks – we couldn’t have chosen a better place!
- We have loved every minute of our peaceful week and as many have said before, this is due to the care and thoughtfulness shown to us – thank you, Caroline and Mark!
- We would HIGHLY recommend the Pipe and Glass pub in South Dalton [as recommended by Caroline and Mark] – gorgeous pub atmosphere and exquisite food.
- We hope to see you again
- Once again, huge thanks to Caroline and Mark for making our stay so enjoyable. Can’t wait to come back again!